Although many of the typical seasonings found in curry are eliminated for AIP, this dish is a tasty treat.
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 lbs chicken breast or thigh, organic
2 cups mushrooms, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 cups broccoli florets
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1/2 c. unsweetened organic coconut milk (watch for thickeners in canned products- ie guar gum, etc)
1 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
salt to taste
2 Tbsp thinly shredded basil
1. Brown chicken until cooked through in coconut oil over medium heat.
2. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, ginger and saute until soft.
3. Add broccoli, carrots, zucchini, coconut milk, seasonings and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
5. Stir in basil and serve immediately.
*This recipe can easily be made vegan by eliminating the chicken and increasing the amount of vegetables. I suggest 4 cups brocolli and add an extra carrot and extra zucchini.
**For those not AIP, this tastes good with rice.